Eligibility & Selection Process
The intent of the Initiative Scholarship is to recognize students attending Wisconsin high schools who put forth extraordinary effort to do their best in the classroom and have overcome significant obstacles or adversity, but whose class rank or other circumstances likely make them ineligible for academic scholarships. Selected Initiative Scholars should be students who:
- are unlikely to be eligible for other academic-based scholarships.
- have overcome personal obstacles or other adversity.
- have achieved an academic record that represents their maximum effort.
- show strong promise for succeeding in a postsecondary environment as evidenced by a well-rounded, solid secondary school performance.
- display other outstanding qualities, demonstrate a high level of motivation to achieve; and
- are residents of Wisconsin.
Only students who attend Wisconsin high schools designated to receive an Initiative Scholarship are eligible to be considered if they meet the scholarship criteria.
Recipients are selected through a process designed by their teachers and school administrators.
The deadline for schools to submit Initiative Scholarship recipients is posted in the important information section of the website Schools and students must complete their forms online.