Accept a Nomination
All nominees will be sent a link to the online application portal. In order to provide all nominees an equal opportunity, they must follow all instructions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following:
1. Personal educational philosophy;
2. How they work to raise achievement for all students;
3. Innovative projects/programs;
4. Commitment to their community;
5. Unrealized goals for their classroom or professional development; and
6. Positive aspects they see in education and changes they would like to see made.
Each nominee must submit three letters of recommendation; one or more must come from someone outside the immediate school community who is not currently employed by the school district or a board member. Letters may come from current or former students, parents, community members, colleagues in a professional association not directly linked to the nominee’s school or district, or university or college professors. Letters should enhance the nominee’s application by illustrating specific examples of the teacher's skills and contributions, knowledge, or attributes emphasized in the application materials.
Only the information included in the application packet will be scored; web links, Google documents, or other referenced online resources will not be reviewed.
Application Due Date
Kohl Teacher Fellowship nominees must submit their completed online applications no later than Friday, November 3, 2017.